NEW! Recyclable Nativia ® film is made from corn or other sources such as sugar beet and potatoes among others, and conforms to the EN13432 standard, meaning it is biodegradable and compostable. It has also achieved the OK Biobased certificate from Vincotte. Nativia ® film breaks down quickly into carbon dioxide, water and biomass by microbial digestion in the right conditions. The film is sourced from renewable sources and is food safe.
These eco-friendly bags are printed on the self seal flap to let end-users know that they are biodegradable & compostable.
The film manufacturer recommends that the bags are used within 6 months and stored in suitable conditions - away from local heat sources, out of direct sunlight and below 30 degrees Celsius.
Nativia ® can be industrially composted and will disintegrate in six months to CO2, water and humus, a soil nutrient. It can also be mechanically and chemically recycled (not with other plastics because it has a lower melting temperature) and it can be incinerated. Nativia ® films do not biodegrade in landfill conditions.
- Certified to the European (EN13432) norm for Industrially compostable packaging
- Also certified by Vincotte to the OK BIOBASED standard for biodegradable film
- Food safe
- 30mu Nativia Film
- Good barrier to gases and aromas
- Resistant to oil, fat and alcohol
- Excellent clarity and gloss
- Heat sealable - heat seal range 85-140C
- Side-weld bags with self adhesive strip which is also compostable
- Vegan friendly - including ink
Please note that measurements can vary slightly by several mm due to manufacturing tolerances - if size is critical please request a sample.
Available in the following sizes:
7x5" (138x185mm), C5 (167x230mm), 155mm square and C6 (120x162mm)
No reviews have been left for this product, be the first to leave a review